Are you looking for the best email marketing platform to connect with your coaching clients and build an engaged audience? If so, you’ve come to the right place! We’ve researched and found the 12 best email marketing services for coaches like you.
First off, let’s consider what makes an email platform suitable for coaching businesses. You need to be able to easily create email campaigns with features such as segmentation, automation and personalization.
You also want an email marketing service that helps you track performance so that you can measure ROI and optimize your campaigns.
To help you identify the best email marketing platform for your business, here is our selection of the 12 best email marketing platforms for coaches:
- Constant Contact
- Zoho Campaigns
Top Email Marketing Platforms for your coaching business – Pricing, Reviews, Pros & Cons
As a business coach, you want an email marketing service that is easy to use, powerful and cost-effective. All of the email marketing services listed above have their own unique features, so we’ve included a comparison of the pricing, reviews and pros & cons to help you decide which one is right for you.
You've probably heard of AWeber. The company has been chosen by businesses for many years, including the coaching niche.
With this email marketing service, you will have access to all the expected email marketing tools and you can also create marketing campaigns with the help of many pre-designed templates.
- Free plan available.
- More than 600 professional premade templates.
- Customer support 24/7 through live chat, even on the free plan.
- Light learning curve.
- More than 750 integrations with third-party apps and tools.
- You can import a wide range of file types.
- Handy Canva integration.
- No A/B testing.
- Automation is not one of their strengths.
- The pricing plan can be expensive compared to other email marketing platforms.
- You're charged for hosting unsubscribed contacts on your account.
Depending on how many subscribers you have, you can choose from four different pricing plans.
The Free plan is perfect for getting started. It has a limit of 500 contacts and you can send up to 3,000 emails monthly. It includes one landing page, basic email support, one email list and basic templates.
The Lite plan costs $12.50 per month (billed annually) for unlimited contacts (based on the number of subscribers, subscribers are billed on a monthly basis). It includes one email list, three landing pages, 24/7 support, three email automations, basic templates and advanced message analytics.
The Plus plan costs $20 per month (billed annually) for unlimited subscribers (based on the number of subscribers, subscribers are billed on a monthly basis.). It removes AWeber branding and includes unlimited email lists, unlimited email automation and unlimited landing pages. Additionally, you will receive free migration, advanced reporting and analytics.
The Unlimited plan is primarily for businesses with a large subscriber list. It costs $899 monthly, with access to everything in the Plus plan plus personalized account management support and unlimited subscribers.
Constant Contact is one of the most popular email marketing services for beginners. It is easy to use and navigate, making it an ideal email platform for those looking to get started in email marketing.
It also has simple access to email lists, templates, contacts, reporting and built-in social media networking tools.
At the same time, it has powerful integrations such as social media ads (Facebook) and Shopify eCommerce.
This email marketing software is a common option for small businesses, coaches and consultants and it allows you to manage email lists and marketing schedules, as well as analyze email metrics.
In addition, they also have an excellent library of niche-specific email templates.
- Excellent graphical user interface.
- Outstanding customer support and customer education program.
- Easy drag and drop editor and landing pages.
- Integration with Canva and many other marketing tools.
- Poor automation features.
- Pro Plan can be expensive based on its limited features.
- Not developed for advanced users and high-growth coaching businesses
Constant Contact offers a 60-day free trial with two subscription plans based on your needs.
The Core plan is for basic email marketing features without any automation. It costs $9.99 per month for up to 500 contacts. It includes hundreds of email templates, sign-up forms to grow your list, integrations with popular tools like Shopify, WooCommerce, Canva and Etsy and engagement reporting.
The Plus plan has many automation features, list-growth tools including Google ads, dynamic content personalization, in-depth reporting including conversion and sale, landing pages and much more. It costs $45 per month for up to 500 subscribers.
ConvertKit is a powerful email marketing software specifically designed for bloggers, creators and online entrepreneurs. It provides easy-to-use automation workflows and email templates to help you reach your subscribers.
It is packed with features such as unlimited forms, landing pages, automations, split-testing, powerful segmentation capabilities and more.
This email marketing service also provides intuitive analytics tools to measure email performance and help you determine the best content to send.
- Free forever plan available for 300 subscribers.
- Advanced features to keep your email list clean.
- Powerful automation workflows for most coaches.
- Ability to provide paid newsletters.
- Extremely easy to learn.
- Management of the complete digital product business cycle.
- Limited features for reporting and metrics.
- Poor design options.
- Compared to other email marketing platforms, it can be much more expensive
- There are fewer integration options with ConvertKit than with ActiveCampaign.
ConvertKit is one of the few email marketing platforms that offer a permanent free plan. You can manage up to 300 subscribers with almost all the same Creator plan features, such as unlimited landing pages, unlimited forms, selling digital products & subscriptions and more.
The Creator plan costs $9 per month (billed annually) for up to 300 subscribers. It contains free migration, automated email sequences, third-party integrations, live chat and email support, and some other features.
The Creator Pro plan costs $25 per month (billed annually) for up to 300 subscribers and $50 per month for 1000 subscribers. It includes a Newsletter referral system, subscriber scoring and advanced reporting.
As you can see, the more subscribers you have, the more the price increases.
Drip is considered one of the best email marketing services for small businesses and eCommerce stores. However, it is also an excellent choice for digital product sellers, such as coaches, bloggers and service providers. It is simple to use and offers a wide range of features and integrations with other services.
This all-in-one platform is well known for its advanced automated workflows. You can create personalized email sequences and improve engagement with your subscribers.
- Wide variety of automated workflow tools.
- Customized email marketing campaigns based on subscriber behavior.
- Tagging and segmentation based on subscriber behavior.
- Easy drag and drop editor.
- Premade email sequences such as welcome emails.
- Not recommended for beginners with small lists.
- No free plan.
- No landing page builder.
- Significant learning curve.
Unfortunately, Drip doesn’t have a free option. However, its paid plan comes with a 14-day trial with no credit card required.
It has only one paid plan, which is charged based on your subscribers. For instance, you can have up to 2,500 subscribers and unlimited email sends for $39 per month. And, as expected, the rate increases based on your list size.
Nowadays, many coaches have chosen GetResponse as their go-to email marketing service. This is one of the most user-friendly platforms and offers seamless integrations.
Plus, it uses A/B testing and advanced analytics to track your email marketing campaign performance.
It is, without question, a suitable option for small to medium-sized businesses.
- User-friendly interface ideal for beginners.
- Includes all the required tools for lead generation and email marketing.
- Affordable compared to other email marketing services.
- Free version available.
- Webinar functionality is wonderful.
- Advanced tools for marketing automation.
- All plans include A/B testing.
- Support provided in various languages.
- Not good enough for advanced users working with complex segmentation.
- Limited automation capabilities compared to other email marketing tools.
- The paid-for webinars option is only available on the most expensive plans.
- No customer phone support unless you are on the costliest plan.
GetResponse provides a limited free plan for beginners. However, to experience the full feature range, you need to go for a paid plan.
The Email Marketing plan costs $15.58 per month (billed annually) and includes autoresponders, unlimited newsletters, a website builder, segmentation and other features.
The Marketing Automation plan is the most popular and costs $48.38 per month (billed annually) for up to 1000 subscribers. It offers everything in the email marketing plan, plus marketing automation, webinars, sales funnels and more.
The GetResponse Ecommerce Marketing plan focuses on the essentials to promote and sell your products. It costs $97.58 per month (billed annually) and offers quick transactional emails, e-commerce segmentation, web push notifications, integration with popular ecommerce platforms and more advanced features.
Mailerlite is an excellent email marketing software for coaches, consultants, freelancers, and other small businesses who like to keep things easy and convenient.
- Light learning curve.
- Free plan available.
- Intuitive user interface.
- Good marketing automation features.
- It allows you to create landing pages, surveys and quizzes.
- Poor website builder compared to other email marketing services.
- Unable to support advanced automation.
- No stock library or images available.
- Lack of integrations with several mainstream business applications.
MailerLite, like many other email marketing platforms, has a pricing model based on your subscriber list. It offers a free plan for up to 1,000 subscribers with 12,000 monthly emails. It contains 10 landing pages, sign-up forms & pop-ups, email automation builder and more useful features.
The Growing Business plan starts from $9 (billed annually) for up to 1,000 subscribers and unlimited monthly emails. From there, the rate increases as your list grows.
It includes everything in the Free plan plus selling digital products, unlimited templates, auto resend campaigns and dynamic emails, among others.
The Advanced plan starts from $19 (billed annually) for up to 1,000 subscribers. It contains Facebook integration, promotion pop-ups and multiple automation triggers, among other sophisticated features.
If you are considering sending bulk emails to your target audience, Sendinblue could be your best choice.
It offers a free plan with a limit of 300 emails per day. Moreover, you can add as many contacts as you wish to your email because it is unlimited.
Additionally, Sendinblue uses AI and machine learning mechanics to ensure accurate email delivery and higher engagement.
- 40,000 free emails per month.
- Splendid aesthetics with responsive design templates.
- Transactional and autoresponder email options are available.
- Useful for transnational SMS marketing messages to clients.
- User-friendly interface.
- Limited templates available.
- Poor integrations with third parties.
Sendinblue offers three plan options for different budgets.
The free plan is a great place to start if you want to test the suitability of the service for your coaching business. You have 300 emails per day to unlimited contacts.
It contains customizable email templates, SMS Marketing, WhatsApp campaigns and more than you need to start working on your contact list.
The Starter plan is the lowest priced at $25 for 20,000 emails per month. It has no daily sending limit, no Sendinblue logo (add-on) and has basic reporting & analytics.
With the Business plan, you're able to send 20,000 emails per month for $65 per month. It includes everything in the Starter plan plus marketing automation, A/B testing, advanced statistics, send time optimization and more.
The Enterprise plan is for large organizations with specific needs, and prices are based on each business. A few of its features include advanced integrations, personalized support, enterprise-grade security and flexible contract terms.
Flodesk is a perfect option if you're looking for something simple and easy to use for your coaching business. It's a subscription-based service that offers all the features you need for email marketing.
You can create beautiful emails, landing pages, sign-up forms and more with its modern and user-friendly drag-and-drop builder. It also contains 30 well-designed drag and drop email templates, helpful analytics, automation sequences, opt-in forms and more.
Since it is a relatively new email marketing platform, Flodesk still lacks some of the advanced features that other services offer. However, it is constantly evolving and new features are being added on a regular basis.
- Low flat rate. No matter how many subscribers you have or how many emails you send.
- Great templates.
- Easy to work with analytics.
- Easy-to-setup workflows for sending subscribers free downloads for your coaching program, checking in with customers, requesting reviews and more.
- Few email templates
- A lack of advanced segmentation and workflow triggers
- Lack of full preview for emails in workflows.
- Fewer integration options than other email marketing tools (unless you use Zapier).
- No free plan: you just get a 30-day free trial when you sign up.
Pricing is straightforward with Flodesk. You have three options to choose from. This email marketing service does not offer a free plan, but it does offer a 30-day free trial in which you can explore its features.
The Email plan costs $35 per month (billed annually) with unlimited emails, subscribers, forms, landing page forms, workflows and segments.
The Checkout plan costs $35 per month (billed annually) with unlimited sales pages, checkout pages, upsells, payments, transactions and instant deliveries.
The Everything plan costs $59 per month (billed annually). It has everything in Email plan plus sales pages, checkout pages, upsells, payments, transactions, instant deliveries, email marketing and e-commerce.
Disclaimer: This article has affiliate links which means we may receive a small commission at no extra cost to you if you decide to purchase through our links.
One of the most comprehensive email marketing services for coaches is Zoho Campaigns.
It has all the features you need to create engaging emails and campaigns, such as an intuitive drag and drop editor, workflow automation, email templates, analytics tools, list segmentation and more.
If you want a secure, private and ad-free email service, Zoho Mail is your best bet.
- One of the most affordable pricing plans.
- User-friendly interface.
- 24/7 customer support available.
- Money-back guarantee if you are not satisfied.
- SecurePass email to send confidential information.
- Multiple integrations with other apps.
- Calendar, notes, tasks and contacts available.
- Steep learning curve.
- For small businesses, it could be too much.
Zoho Campaigns has a forever free plan for up to 2,000 contacts and 6,000 emails per month. It contains basic, ready-made email templates and sign-up forms.
The Standard plan starts from $3 (billed annually) for unlimited emails and 10 users. It includes basic segmentation, advanced ready-made email templates, basic drag-and-drop workflows and SMS marketing.
The Professional plan costs $3.75 per month (billed annually) for unlimited emails and 20 users. It includes advanced segmentation, contact scoring and tags, advanced drag-and-drop workflows, pop up forms, dynamic content, batch sending and many more features.
SendX is an email marketing software that makes it easy to create and send beautiful emails, newsletters and campaigns. It has a drag-and-drop editor, 24/7 support, WP plugin and much more.
Whether you’re a coach or an entrepreneur, SendX makes it simple to engage and grow your list with tracking & reporting, unlimited sending, list building and more.
- You can launch as many email campaigns as you want.
- User-friendly interface with no learning curve, even if you are a beginner.
- Building your email campaigns, landing pages, or forms is straightforward with drag and drop builder editor.
- Professional email templates and form designs.
- Thousands of free stock images to include in your email marketing strategy.
- It has decent 24/7 chat, email and phone customer support.
- Good website integration.
- CSV files are the only way to import contacts.
Plans are typically based on subscriber size. All plans include full features and unlimited emails per month.
After the 14-day free trial, you'll need to pay the following rates:
- 1 to 1,000 subscribers: $7.49 per month (billed annually)
- 1,001 to 2,500 subscribers: $14.99 per month (billed annually)
- 2,501 to 5,000 subscribers: $29.99 per (billed annually).
- 5,001 to 10,000 subscribers: $39.99 per month (billed annually).
- 10,001 to 15,000 subscribers: $44.99 per month (billed annually).
If you're looking for an email marketing solution with advanced automation and segmentation capabilities, then ActiveCampaign is the right choice for you.
With its intuitive and easy-to-use interface, you can create powerful newsletters and campaigns in no time. Plus it's packed with features that help you engage your customers and increase your sales.
Even though it has a steep learning curve, ActiveCampaign is worth the investment.
It's one of the best email marketing services that offer powerful automation features and advanced segmentation, giving you the ability to deliver a highly personalized experience to your existing customers.
- Advanced automation and segmentation capabilities.
- Integrations with third-party apps.
- Real-time analytics and reports.
- Detailed customer data and engagement tracking tools.
- A/B testing to optimize campaigns.
- Full-fledged CRM for mid-level business.
- You may find it difficult to use at first.
- It may be too expensive if you only want to send newsletters and emails.
- No free plan.
- Not many email templates.
Unlike other marketing tools, ActiveCampaign doesn't offer a free plan. Instead, it offers a 14-day trial.
The paid plans start from $9 per month for 500 contacts. Its most popular Professional plan costs $149 per month for up to 2,500 contacts. All automation features are available, as well as email marketing and user tracking.
Mailchimp is one of the most popular email service providers on the market. It's an all-in-one email marketing platform that helps to create email campaigns, manage lists, send newsletters and offers an easy to use drag-and-drop editor.
However, there are a few things to consider before deciding if Mailchimp is the right choice. Its free plan is now limited to 500 subscribers and you can only send 1,000 emails per month, with a daily send limit of 500.
Additionally, Mailchimp lacks some of the automation and segmentation features that many other email marketing services have and are important for higher-level businesses.
- Fantastic template editor. It is simple and powerful.
- It offers more than 500 integrations and add-ons.
- World-class email designer.
- High email deliverability.
- Landing page builder templates.
- Lack of automation rules.
- Poor advanced audience segmentation features.
- Expensive plans compared to other email marketing platforms.
- No customer support on the free plan after the first 30 days.
Mailchimp has a Free plan for up to 500 subscribers and 1,000 monthly email sends, as we mentioned before. It still includes pre-built email templates, basic reporting & analytics, forms & landing pages and more than 300 Integrations.
The Essentials plan costs $13 per month for up to 500 subscribers, three users and 5,000 monthly email sends. It has access to 24/7 email and chat support, A/B Testing, removes Mailchimp branding, adds email scheduling and a few more features.
The Standard Plan costs $20 per month for up to 500 subscribers, five users and 6,000 monthly email sends. It has everything in Essentials plan plus pre-built journeys, send time optimization, predictive segmentation, content optimizer and many more features.
The Premium plan costs $350 per month for up to 500 subscribers, unlimited users and 150,000 monthly email sends. It adds phone & priority support, multivariate testing, comparative reporting and advanced segmentation.
How to pick a marketing email service for your coaching business
Choosing the right email marketing service for your coaching business is essential to maximizing your marketing ROI from your emails and having a successful email marketing strategy. You just need to pick one that will meet both your budget and feature needs.
The key features that you need to look for in an email marketing service include automation tools, customer tracking and segmentation tools, A/B testing to optimize campaigns and a full-featured CRM for mid-level companies.
When deciding between providers, make sure to take advantage of the free trials or free plans available. That way you can get a better idea of which service is best for your business needs before making any commitments.
Also, remember to ask questions. Reach out to customer support and ask about features, integrations and pricing to get a better insight into the product and make sure it's the right choice for you.
Finally, don’t forget to consider scalability
As your coaching business grows, you should be sure that your email service provider can also grow with it. This way you’ll have the ability to strengthen customer relationships and improve engagement in the long run.
At the end of the day, it's important to find an email marketing software that allows you to focus on the most important thing: share valuable content, coordinate coaching sessions and manage payments with your coaching clients in a smooth and easy way.
Good luck! And we hope you find the best email marketing service for your coaching business.
If you'd like to explore our virtual assistant for coaches services, we'd love to help. Get in touch and let us know how we can help!
Share this image on Pinterest